The United Kingdom is one of the most popular places for Indian students seeking higher education overseas. Aside from being home to some of the world’s most prominent educational institutions, the United Kingdom provides adequate post-study work prospects.
To encourage young talent, the UK government and educational institutions provide a variety of scholarships for overseas students. This financial assistance is critical in assisting hopefuls in managing their living and studying expenditures in the UK.
Here’s a thorough reference to UK scholarships for Indian students for those looking to further their education in the United Kingdom.
Top Scholarships in the United Kingdom for Indian Students
The scholarships offered by the United Kingdom are categorized into three groups. There are three types of scholarships: institutional scholarships, government scholarships, and university scholarships.
The following are some of the most coveted UK scholarships for Indian students in 2021:
1. Chevening Scholarships for Indian and International Students
The British Chevening Scholarships are among the most prestigious scholarships available to overseas students. It provides full financial assistance for a one-year postgraduate study in any field at any of the country’s schools.
Those wishing to apply for this UK scholarship program must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates excellent must have applied for a Master’s degree program in the United Kingdom.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least two years of work experience are required.
- A minimum of three courses must be applied for, and at least one of these courses must have an offer.
On top of that students should have an academic background.
Award of Scholarship
Eligible students can earn £18,500 scholarship, which covers travel and living expenses as well as tuition and visa fees.
2. Felix Scholarship
The Felix Scholarships are given to talented students from underdeveloped countries to provide them with the chance to pursue postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom. It all started in 1991-1992 with only six trophies. It has now expanded to 20 prizes every year, with 428 students benefiting from this scholarship.
Criteria for Eligibility
To be eligible for this, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must establish their financial necessities as well as their great academic accomplishments.
- Candidates must be under the age of 30.
- They must apply to any of the affiliated universities for a full-time postgraduate program.
Amount of the Scholarship
Tuition fees and extra money totaling £78,840 are available through this scholarship.
3. Commonwealth Fellowship and Scholarship Program
This scholarship is sponsored by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office and is granted to students to assist them to gain appropriate skills and knowledge and thereby contribute to sustainable development. It was founded in the United Kingdom in 1959 and has benefited over 30,000 students to date.
Criteria for Eligibility
It has the following requirements:
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate financial necessity.
- Candidates must have a strong academic background.
- Those who are chosen will be asked to attend an interview in New Delhi.
Award of Scholarship
The prize includes funding for plane tickets, tuition, and other out-of-pocket expenditures.
4. Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship
The Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship program is one of the most well-known outstanding scholarships in the United Kingdom. It was founded by St. John’s College to give financial assistance to outstanding students pursuing Ph.D.
The following conditions must be met to be eligible for this scholarship program:
- Candidates must hold a valid postgraduate degree from one of India’s accredited institutes.
- Applicants must be Indian nationals and have a maximum age of 35.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Leadership abilities and attributes must be demonstrated.
Grant for scholarship
It is a fully-funded scholarship that covers tuition, visa fees, travel expenses, and a monthly stipend.
5. University of Oxford Rhodes Scholarships
Rhodes Scholarships, which were established in 1902, is one of the oldest scholarships for Indian students to study in the United Kingdom. Five scholarships are offered as part of this scholarship program to enable students to study at the famous University of Oxford.
Candidates interested in pursuing a postgraduate course at a university may apply for this scholarship.
Requirements for Eligibility
Candidates must meet the following conditions to be eligible for this grant:
- The undergraduate course should be completed with a first-class or equivalent grade.
- Students must be full-time postgraduate students at Oxford University.
- Applicants for this award must be between the ages of 19 and 25.
Reward for Scholarship
Students who qualify for the Rhodes Scholarships will get £59,490. This yearly stipend will assist with covering tuition, housing, and economy class flying tickets.
So this is all about the UK scholarships which you may get as an Indian student. Hope it solved all your queries and best of luck for a brighter future ahead.